17 February 2011

Hi, I'm the new girl

I think I'm probably the billionth person to start a decorating blog. That and the fact that I do not have a degree in interior design (although I plan to some day!) makes me wonder why I am even starting this blog.  But, in a lot of ways, this is a favor to my husband. You see, I have a little bit of a thing for decorating. I would call it a passion. My husband would probably call it an obsession. I think about home designs ALL THE TIME. While I wash dishes, I dream about the kind of kitchen I would love to have; while I'm changing diapers, I'm imagining dreamy nurseries; and while I'm vacuuming, I'm thinking about flooring. As a result of this, by the end of the day I feel like I'm bursting at the seams with ideas that I can't wait to share. So when the hubby gets home from a long day at work, I instantly start gushing about every fabulous thing that I saw/read/imagined that day, but only a few minutes into my chatter I see his eyes start to glaze over. Throw in words like "vignette" or "damask" and I know that I have completely lost him.
That's where this blog will come to both our rescues.  I will have a place to share my obsession passion with people who actually care, and my husband and I can have more conversations that don't start with "Oh my gosh, picture this....!"
So thanks for coming; hope you like!

3 comments:

  1. Brooke, I can't wait for you to share your passion and ideas! I could use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brook, this caught my eye on Facebook and so I had to take a look. Reading your blog is like you got in my head and wrote exactly what I would write! We have the same Obsession...I mean passion!! We just bought a new house and I am going NUTS on a daily basis with my brain thinking of all the MILLIONS of things I want to do...even on a budget...it still cost money! Thanks for your blog and I will be following. I plan to go to design school too...as soon as kids can feed and dress themselves! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brooke, reading your very first blog post makes me realized that we started our blogs just 3 days apart. Maybe next time we can celebrate our blog's first birthday together! Hahaha...Keep the good stuff coming...

    ReplyDelete