16 March 2011

Earring display frame

I love decorating with things that also get me organized. My earrings have been a mess.

I like to keep the fake stuff and the real stuff separate from each other, but lately they've either been getting mixed together in my jewelry box, or tossed into that basket on my dresser along with necklaces, watches, bracelets, and silly bands (-my son always gives me the "girl ones"). 

I've had a picture frame already outfitted with mesh screen- it was on a shelf in my living room and I'd originally made it to hold keys that used to belong to my great grandmother. 

After a while I got tired of the look of this shelf, which soon sparked changes all over my living room. While I wait for the paint to dry on those shelves, all of my living room's accessories have been stacked on the floor against the wall. I knew that I didn't want to use this frame the way that I had been, so I took the keys off of it and put them in a bowl. It was one day last week while searching for a pair of earrings that I realized what I wanted to do with my frame.


Isn't that so much better?! This was very easy to make: back when I did this to use as a key display, I took the back and glass out of a frame that I already had, and hot glued mesh screen into the inside.
I know, I know....my glue job is a wreck. But no one sees that part so it's okay!  

I still need to figure out what to do with the rest of the mess in that basket, but at least my earrings have a stylish home now!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Brooke. I didn't have any jewelry organizer because those I like costs a bomb, mostly from $50-$100. So, I just use those plastic compartments I found from chocolate boxes and keep them inside my dresser drawers. Nobody will see them anyway. It's free and easy and no more messy and tangled jewelries anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea! I have that jewelry box you gave me, but all my earrings with hooks get attached to each other and mixed around when I'm looking through them, and they are such a jumble now. I'm going to make one of these and it will be so easy and quick to find earrings! Plus it will just look really cute on the shelf like that!

    ReplyDelete