07 March 2011

The living room in progress

Have I told you yet that I have the best husband EVER?? It's true. While he may not always see my vision when it comes to what I want to do/tweak/majorly change around our house, he is always supportive and puts up nicely with my constant projects. This year for my birthday, one of my gifts from him was this:
It says "This certificate entitles you to uncontested time of your husbands presence and support for a project of your choosing!" 

He knows what I like.

The only hard part was choosing which project, but again, being The Best that he is, he told me that it could cover multiple. :) aawwww!

Anyway I decided that at the top of my list of project priorities was our living room.
I've been feeling like it's been drowning in brown and I've decided to rescue it. 

I thought that the best way to brighten things up would be to lighten those shelves and tv cabinet. 
Saturday we got started by clearing every thing off the shelves....

We taped down plastic in the garage and my hubby wrapped his bike up like his life depended on it. 

Then while I got started with sanding, Rob took the doors and drawers off of the cabinet 
and removed the glass from the doors. 

I had a little help with the sanding...
{and before anyone starts fussing about child labor, relax. He begged us to let him help.}

We bought a sprayer for the paint which made priming so much faster.

It was still a long day though. I always start out projects like this full of energy and so excited, but it's usually about half way through the priming when I'm tired and sore that I start to wonder what the h-e-double-hockeysticks I was thinking. It doesn't help that everything looks so ugly in primer.

Or that every time I come into my house I see this:
Just look at all those wires!! It makes me a little nauseous seeing them everywhere.
No, the process doesn't look pretty....
....and neither does it's executer.

But, now we've reached the point where we are adding the paint so I am back to being energetic and excited again. It's amazing what it does for your spirits once you see that what you're doing is finally making your furniture look better instead of worse.

It's going to look great, so stay tuned!


4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what you have done!! You inspire me to decorate even though it's just a rental!

    Three cheers for Brook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to look so great; I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm on pins and needles. Can't wait to see the finished product. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think after completion of your living room work it can looks very beautiful and awesome. I am awaiting at here for its new look photo.

    Interior design

    ReplyDelete