25 March 2011

You like?

A couple weeks ago when I first began my living room's face-lift and I was painting everything in sight, the pot on this plant was one of the things I painted. It had been a reddish-brown and I was tired of the color.

It got a new coat of paint...

...and a new home on the side table in the living room.

Even though it's just a plain potted plant, I've been feeling like it wasn't quite "done", like it had some more potential.

Then yesterday, when I was looking through everything that my son had brought home from school, I found this:
I thought it was cute and quirky-looking and I wanted to do something with it. So in a flash of inspiration I grabbed the plant and my Mod Podge and glued it on.



I like.

2 comments:

  1. How cute!! I saw this last night at your house but I just thought that you bought it that way! I remember how Mom used to tack all of our artwork all over every door and the fridge, and what a big jumbled mess it was. It's nice to know there are so many other stylish options for displaying kid's art! I'll make sure I remember this in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and original! It reminds me of 'Like' in Facebook! Too much facebooking, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete