10 April 2011

A nice start to my day

I am home today with two sick babies. After a morning of wiping little noses and listening to my five year old yelling "It's a booger party!!" it was sooo nice to hop online and find that I had been awarded the One Lovely Blog Award by Jessie from Mix and Chic.
Jessie and I started our blogs within days of each other and became "blog friends" not long after. I love her blog because she shows a mix of classically beautiful looks along with the very unique and unexpected (human anatomy-inspired chairs anyone?) Thank you for the award, Jessie!

Now I have to reveal 7 things about myself, nominate 15 other bloggers for this award, and leave comments on their blogs so they can pick up their prizes. 

7 things about me:
- I love to read, especially history
- I have an obsession with bags and purses
- I'm really good at writing poetry 
- I love make-up so even if I had a face like Gisele I would still wear it
- I took 5 years of French in school and even had a grandmother who insisted that my sister and I try speaking it at her house when we were kids, but now I can't say much more than "Salute". Oui, I suck.
- I have a killer sweet tooth
- My guilty pleasure is Desperate Housewives.  

Okay, now I'm passing on the award to:
4. Courtney at Project Pretty
6. Amy at Tulip & Turnip
10. Laurel at Abode Love
11. Laura at A Teaching MOM
14. Elsa at Casa Greer
15. Jennifer at Rustic Renditions



4 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you! I've *never* recieved a blog award before so you just made my day!

    And btw, I took spanish classes from kindergarten thru 10th grade and still don't know SQUAT. The only sentence I know is "donde esta mis zappatos" and I'm fairly certain that it's not spelled correctly. smh.

    Anyway, thanks again girl!!! Have a great rest-of-the-weekend : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an obsession with bags and purses, too! I had so many of them, almost 40 of them, some even unused. I felt so guilty about it. Yesterday, I bought another green leather cross body sling bag for $70 (that's on clearance) while I was at Marshalls! The bag was too pretty to pass up!

    You have to show me your poetries sometimes. I like to write poems, too but it's very amateurish. I usually write for loved ones and friends on their birthday cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish your babies a speedy recovery. By the way, how old are they? Your son's "It's a booger party" comment cracked me up. It's too cute and funny!

    Oh, by the way, I also voted Amy from "Positively Splendid". Great minds think alike?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the "Lovely Blog Award!" I hope you're little ones feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete