25 April 2011

A peek at what I'm working on...

First of all, if you wouldn't mind indulging me for just a second while I show off my cute kids on Easter:
This was after 3 hours of church, and they are still smiling....miracles are real!
Ah, I heart them :)

Today I am working on finding a permanent home for these beautiful Easter lilly's from my parents

Thanks to my crappy track record with plants, chances are good that the whole thing could be dead in a week. But, I'm remaining optimistic that they will last through the spring, so I'm going to replant them.

I could just buy a pot, but where's the fun in that? Instead, I'm focusing on turning this thing from a $1 Easter bucket into a pretty planter.
I'll let you know how it goes....



I want to give a huge thanks to Jessie from Mix & Chic for awarding me the Stylish Blogger Award over the weekend! 

Like the last one, I have to reveal 7 things about myself, and then pass it on.

1. I have 2 dogs
2. Sometimes I wonder why I wasn't satisfied with 1 dog
3. I believe that the only reason to run is if I am being chased
4. I have never been to a club
5. I would love to live somewhere with mountains, snow, lakes, forests AND a beach
6. When I was a kid I wanted to be a storm chaser
7. My favorite thing to do is laugh

Now I'm passing it on to......Full of Great Ideas! I just found this blog recently and I really enjoy it. The name is definitely fitting!

I'm off to keep working on my bucket!




6 comments:

  1. Your kids are so adorable! And I also like your newly uploaded picture. Brooke, you are so pretty!

    I don't have a green thumb, too! The only thing that won't die on me are orchids. Even if I forget to water them for weeks, they are still alive. So, my hubby only buy me orchids. LOL!

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, I love the picture of the kids. I love and miss you guys. Your baby's cheeks are as chunky as my baby's. I love it! They are adorable:). PS- Artichokes on plates are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG.... I wanted to be a storm chaser too!!!! we're awesome. Your kids are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture Brooke! And I can't wait to see what you do with the bucket! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up!! I kill plants too :) I have brought home 4 different dogs because I think my dog is lonely being the only dog-then I realized she is depressed when I being home another dog. I love storm chasing and want to live at a beach, forest, mountain snow lake place you speak of!!

    :)

    Thank you for the fabulous comment on my blog, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the pic of the twins! So sweet! And so is your oldest :) It's funny you say you can't keep a plant alive because I have the same problem. I recently got a small one as a gift and love it so much, I am going to really make an effort with this one!

    ReplyDelete