30 June 2011

Before & After Thursday

Ever since completing my first stencil project, I'm crazy about stencils. I am just itching to use one on a wall to get the look of wallpaper without the crazy price tag. This dining room at Our Fifth House was already very pretty. But when Carmel stenciled one wall, it took it from pretty to Oh.My.Heavens.

Before:

After:

{Do I hear lids popping off of paint cans???} I seriously can't wait to do something like this! Go Here for Carmel's great step-by-step tutorial, and Here for lots more pictures of her finished dining room.

3 comments:

  1. This stenciled wall look fabulous. And the dining room looks gorgeous. What a pretty room! And I love your new blog design. Very stylish and modern!

    P/S: I will email you later regarding the guest post. :)

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the shout out! I'm getting the itch again! Hmmm.....what can I stencil next? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke, I just found your blog from a post on Megan's (HWH) and read you have twins. Of course that caught my eye because I have 9 month old twins! I love the blog and can't wait to see what you do with the new house!

    ReplyDelete