22 June 2011

Thinking about bedding

My headboard plan has me thinking about beds. Currently, this is what my headboardless {yes, I'm aware that's not a word} bed looks like:

We've had the white, down-filled comforter since we were first married, and I've always talked about getting a cover for it but never have. I really like the brown and silver color scheme that I've got going on with the pillows because it ties in with the colors of my living room. But I've been looking around at other color options and I like the look of a black and white duvet cover because it looks really simple and modern. 

I've also been thinking about adding some green to my current color scheme. I got this wrapping paper from Target when it was on clearance a few months ago. 


I didn't know what I was going to do with it when I bought it {Not wrap presents with it though! Why use something this pretty just so it can get trashed?!} but I knew it had promise. Now I've been going through my room trying to decide what I could cover with it. I've looked at green duvet covers as I've imagined my new color scheme, but I don't know if I'd want that much green in my room. 

I definitely want to get a cover for this comforter, especially once I have my new, pretty headboard up (in the next house). 

3 comments:

  1. Love your green wrapping paper. I think you can lined them inside your dresser drawers or maybe frame them up like art! That could be fun.

    Looking forward to see your new duvet and headboard!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its gonna be fab with the green I think especially since you are looking for something different. although I must admit I have bought a few comforter and quilt sets but I always com back to the white down blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the green! You could easily get a white cover and then hunt for green fabric for a bunch of throw pillows (or for your headboard -- THAT would be killer).

    ReplyDelete