14 July 2011

Before & After Thursday

 I think it's no secret by now that I love to refinish furniture. Every time I see an old dresser, bookcase or just about any other sad looking piece of furniture, I fantasize about all of it's amazing potential if I could just slap a coat of paint on it. I've often wondered what I would do with a piece that had knobs that I wanted to replace, but that when removed would leave holes where I didn't want them (eg: a pull with two screws being replaced by a knob with just one.)

I love the solution that Sarah of Dumped and Discovered came up with when she gave new life to this old dresser:

Before:


She used paintable wallpaper on the drawer fronts to cover the holes that she didn't want to use. Why didn't I think of that?! 

Now her dresser's beautiful After:

I really love how the drawers in the center have different knobs than the rest of the dresser- it gives it so much more personality. Read more about Sarah's work on this dresser here.

4 comments:

  1. Brooke - Thank you SO much for posting my dresser project on your Blog, and thanks for sharing Dumped and Discovered with your followers! I look forward to sharing MANY more projects with you and I am excited to be following your Blog!! Thanks for all of your wonderful ideas and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing this. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah did a wonderful job! Love the fabulous transformation!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! It is really easy and it makes a BIG difference! We were so in love with paintable wallpaper that we did another dresser (it's turquoise!!!) and I blogged about it today! Check it out!! www.dumpedanddiscovered.blogspot.com

    Thanks again for your GREAT feedback!

    ReplyDelete