18 July 2011

Clearin' the place out

 My house is a far cry from what it was a few weeks ago...

Empty walls and shelves in the living room

Bedroom furniture in the dining room, sold and waiting to be picked up.

Dining room table in the breakfast nook
{The high chair center piece just isn't doing it for me like this one did.}

 Boxes everywhere


Thanks to a successful yard sale this weekend, I now have clear space behind the couch again.

We were really happy that pretty much everything sold. And yes, for those who are wondering, I won the bet between my husband and I because my white clock sold.
{Who cares that it was my mother who bought it? Someone wanted it. That makes me the winner.}

I'm still running random things out to the garage to get a quick coat of paint before getting packed up in a box. As I've been packing I've found things that haven't been used in a long time, but that I'm sure I will do something with if they have a fresh look. I promised my husband there'd be no more big projects till after the move, but teeny tiny stuff like this doesn't count, right?


2 comments:

  1. Sad and exciting at the same time. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your yard sale is a success! We have so many stuff too but my husband won't let me throw a yard sale. His reason? What if things don't sell and we have to lug everything back inside the house? Sigh...

    I am glad you are selling your bedroom furniture. It's a lot of hassle to wrap those things in bubble wraps! :) And you get to shop for a new bedroom set later! Win-win for everyone! :)

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete