10 August 2011

A beachy bridal shower

 I finally located my camera, so here are some pictures from my sister's shower this past weekend.

Her house is so cute and already filled with beach-inspired decor so I really didn't have to do a lot.

I scattered mason jars around that I'd half filled with sand (having a beach 10 minutes away is so convenient for stuff like this)  and I stuck tea lights in them to make pretty candles.


A few days before the shower I cooked a chicken in an entire bottle of marsala wine just so I could have that pretty green bottle for my sister. I got from her some cute notes that she and her fiance had written to each other, and combined them on a piece of paper and stuck it in the bottle. Ya know, like a message in a bottle...too cute, right?!


More mason jar candles on top of a map of the ocean.


I used palm fronds that my husband cut from our yard and put them in vases of water around the house.




I also laid them across the center of the dining room table and put candles, shells, and my sister's adorable sea turtle tea light holders across them.

 Shells around the bowls and platters of food




I made these pictures for the prizes for the games we played...
...come back Friday to see how I made them!

5 comments:

  1. You"re so so talented!!! I love it!!! Your sister should keep all of it out after the shower!!! I sure miss you guys!!! Luv Ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore all your cute little ideas, Brooke especially those shells around the platter!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stylish shower! Beats doilies and balloons any day. :) I'm especially loving that art! Can't wait to see how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke,

    What a pretty shower! I love the book page prints. So clever!

    Trish @ Uncommon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED my shower!! Brooke, you did such an amazing job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete