12 August 2011

Book page pictures of sea creatures

 You know how I love me some book page pictures....they're so cute and easy I can't stop making them! Here are some that I made for my sister's bridal shower.

{Please excuse the mess- we're moving.}

I wanted the prizes for the games that we were playing to reflect the coastal theme of the shower, so I made three to give out to the winners of the games and then a fourth one to give as a thank you gift to a lady who helped me out in a huge way by making all the food for the shower. 


I printed up pictures of sea creatures that I found on The Graphics Fairy.

I flipped them over and covered the backs of each picture with pages torn from an article about the ocean that I found in an old National Geographic magazine. It was just too perfect. 

{Quick tip- the National Geographic is also where I found the map of the ocean that I used when I decorated my sister's house for the shower- those magazines are my best resource for finding cool maps!}

When I had the backs covered, I flipped the pictures back over and very carefully cut them out. The octopus and all those dang legs had me wanting to say some choice words...that thing was a pain!




Then I used Mod Podge to glue them down to these canvases:


Here is each one finished:

sea shell

sea horses

coral

octopus





I just realized that every book page picture that I've made, I've given away. 
Time to make myself one!




















Weekend Bloggy Reading

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. Those are so cool. The octopus does look hard to cut out. Oh my goodness! Turned out great. Have a great weekend. :)

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! You are so talented--these are quite intricate! I especially like the octopus (I probably would've wanted to say some choice words, too.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The seahorse is my favorite! With artwork like these, I think the more challenging it is, the better the outcome, don't you think? I am also anxiously waiting for that Monday post! Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are amazing Brooke! Beautiful & unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you even think of this?!?! Too cool. I really love the octopus. I hope you don't mind if I copy! (if I can remember to!)

    Pinning this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful idea. I host the Home Decor and Organizing Link Party every week and would love for you to join the party if you get a chance. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never cease to amaze me. This is so interesting and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This project rocks! I just wanted to let you know that I featured this today on You Sew Rock Me Fridays. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://wp.me/s1VAkT-1183

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! And maybe a project that I can actually do!!!

    ReplyDelete