I told you last week that I was making some fab changes to this boring table...
Here it is today!
I wanted to replace the original knobs with glass ones, but after two different sets failed to fit over the gigantic holes that are in the fronts of these drawers, I gave up for the moment and put the old knobs back. Not loving them but they're working till I find something that fits right.
I thought it would be really fun to have the stripes going in different directions.
This was actually a really fast and easy project since I kept all the original black paint. To add the stripes I taped over the whole whole drawer fronts with masking tape, planning out which lines I wanted white and which I wanted black, and then went back and peeled up the tape in the spots that were getting the white paint.(-The reason I'd taped those spots was just to make sure everything ended up spaced evenly.) When my last coat of white paint was about halfway dry to the touch, I peeled up the tape over the black areas. Any little spots where white paint had slipped under the edge of the tape and gotten onto the black scraped up easily with a damp rag over my fingernail.
I painted the table top white and gave the whole table a few coats of Minwax Polycrylic. The black paint on the table had been very flat, so the clear coat helped to make the black a little more dramatic and just nicer looking.
L-O-V-E-ing the stripes.
Now it's ready for the move!