16 September 2011

Pink & Purple: Why they're better together

 A couple months ago, I scared the crap out of my husband. I dropped the M-word. Magenta. It was when I was trying to decide on a color for this console table-

{which I ended up painting like this, and I'm so glad I did, cause it's gorgeous.}

But when I was brainstorming what I wanted to do, I was wanting something bold, glamorous, and a little daring. Which is why I thought magenta might be perfect. 

For some reason I've been kind of obsessed with this color for a while, even though it is no where to be found in my house, except in my son's crayon box. 

While pink and purple can be done beautifully in a house, neither of them have ever been my thing for my house. 




Both very pretty, right? But put them together....












I am absolutely dying to do a room where it's mixed with gray, black and white, like it is here:

I'm a sucker for neutrals. They're calming, and relaxing, and you never get tired of them. But they don't have the punch that bright, fun colors have. 






You can have the best of both worlds, though, if you just have little pops of it. Look at this room....

I don't think that teensy amount of pink would scare my hubby too much. Maybe at some point I'll sneak this color in here somewhere. 















Weekend Bloggy Reading

5 comments:

  1. My husband is color blind, so I get away with a lot of fun color splashes. Our bathroom was lavender for 6 months before someone blurted out "I love your gray and purple bathroom!" Oops.
    Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should definitely introduce the color you loved in small doses. You can throw a purple vase here and a pink cushion there. My husband wouldn't let me paint a purple or pink wall but he doesn't mind if I had it on my accessories. :)

    Love that adorable peacock pillow, by the way!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find a way to use it! I always love seeing pops of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Every room in our house has blue in it because that is my color safe zone. I am working on incorporating others though. I'm adding orange in my son's room...it's a little out of my comfort zone though.

    You added some awesome photos of inspiration here!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Visiting from Amanda's Weekend Bloggy Reading Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice blog. Thanks for visiting.
    Pink is a beautiful color and should be used in homes it adds a splash of happiness to a space.

    ReplyDelete