11 October 2011

Pretty trim for a mirror

 I've had this picture that I found at 6th Street Design School pinned for a while and I keep looking at it:


I love this table- especially the nailhead trim around the glass. 

 Because of the mirror that I have on my dining room table, it at least has a little bit of that open look that I love about the glass-topped table.



I decided to bring the look of that table to mine a little bit more by adding nailhead trim around the edge of my mirror. 

Last week I went to Joann Fabrics to find some, but decided to try to find a cheaper option when nailhead trim turned out to be $25 a yard. 

After searching the store, this is what I found:

These little metal studs were in packs of 54, so I got 2 for only $2.99 each. 


I just used hot glue to attach them to the frame all the way around the mirror. 


It's crazy how this one little detail makes the whole thing look so much prettier. 

Here it is the way it looks now, all decked out for Halloween:



3 comments:

  1. Nail head trims are always the best details, don't you think? A little bit of bling without going over the top yet it adds so much visual interest!

    Have a great week, Brooke!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a good idea, love the detail! i like the silver-ish color with the white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you know, I just gave you the versatile blogger award on my blog.
    Thanks for all the creative ideas:)

    ReplyDelete