02 December 2011

Silver polka dots

 Here's what I did today:

I got this plant at Pier 1 a few years ago.
It used to look like this:



I think I've mentioned that I feel like this house is a little dark because of all the heavy wood trim everywhere, and so one day in a desperate attempt to brighten things up, 
I took white paint to several of my belongings, including this one.

I instantly regretted it with this pot; once it was white it just blended into the wall 
and made it look like the plant was floating. 

My plan was to eventually just repaint it, but then yesterday I had an idea...


Pretty, right?!

I used a hole punch to cut a bunch of circles out of tin foil and used craft glue to attach them to the pot. 
I concentrated them more at the bottom so it would look like they were floating up to the top. 




Then I covered the whole thing with Mod Podge.



It doesn't blend in anymore!


It kind of reminds me of Kate Spade's dotted dinnerware collection. 

Love it.



4 comments:

  1. Brooke, I love this project! It looks very chic and yes, very Kate Spade! What a great idea!

    Have a lovely weekend, sweetie!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! This is SO cute, and sophisticated too. You are brilliant with the tin foil idea...

    p.s. your package is done and I'm mailing it out tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute and creative! I'm so glad I found your blog, it gives me so many good ideas for my home.

    ReplyDelete