26 January 2012

Before & After Thursday {The last one}

 I've decided to wrap up this nearly year-long series, 
mostly because I'm getting really bad at keeping up with it. 

It's been real. It's been fun.

And I'll keep on featuring projects- there are way too many great ideas out there!
I just can't be pinned down by a day anymore, because frankly, 
half the time I don't even know what day of the week it is. 

I'm closing out this before and after series with a project that's soooo making me want to grab my paintbrush {and several cans of paint in various shades of gray}.


It was done by Tisha at The Delectable Home

Before:



After:


I am absolutely loving this look. I haven't been able to do any furniture painting projects since we moved here, because without a garage there's not really a good spot to paint something big. At least not safely. 
I've been wary of shutting myself down in the basement with the paint fumes. Heaven knows I need all the braincells I've got. This super awesome dresser is making me tempted to chance it though! 

What's the worst that could happen? I guess I could die.

Maybe I should just do the safe thing, and pin this idea for later.

Check out Tisha's post on this project!

3 comments:

  1. The dresser looks great! I would never have thought of painting them in several different shades. Very creative!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! It looks like chalk paint to me. Have you ever used CP? It's amazing! In needs zero sanding and there isnt any paint fumes! Try it!
    www.moddybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete