25 February 2012

11 Questions

Last week I was tagged by the super awesome Jessie of Mix And Chic to answer 11 questions about myself. If you didn't catch Jessie's answers to her questions, then go on over and read them because she's a super talented girl and it was fun getting to know one of my favorite bloggers a little better.  And while you're there, make sure you check out her living room reveal. It is clear by Jessie's posts every day that she's got an amazing eye for design, and you can totally see it reflected in her home.


 Ok, so here are the rules to this game:

1. You must post the rules.


2. Answer the 11 questions the tagger posted for you and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.

3. Tag 11 people and link them in your post.

4. Let them know you have tagged them.

Ok, here are Jessie's 11 questions:

1. What is your favorite room to decorate and why?

The living room, because it's where we spend the most time.




2. What is your favorite decorating trend?

Zebra! I don't care that it's been a little overdone lately; it's still a neutral so it'll last beyond the moment. 

3. Which decorating trend you think is way overrated?

Brass....sorry!! I know, shoot me. A lot of people are loving it right now but I just don't. 

4. What is your biggest decorating pet peeve?

Rugs that are too small, especially in a dining room. It looks so goofy when the chairs look like they're having to stand on their tip-toes to stay on the rug. 

5. Averagely, how much time do you put into a blog post?

Way too much time....this blog actually covers two of my loves- decorating and writing. I've always loved to write, so I spend a lot of time making sure everything sounds good before I hit that "publish" button.  So if I'm writing a super long post, sometimes I'll spend a couple hours writing it. Having a blog kind of makes me feel like I'm back in english class writing essays, and I want to make sure I get a good grade...

6. What have you learned/ gained from blogging?

That there is seriously no end to what you can do to make a house look amazing, on any budget. Before I started a blog of my own, I read like 2 decorating blogs. Now I read tons. There are so many ideas out there. Thank goodness for Pinterest so I have a place to save them all! 

7. Who do you most admire in the blogging world and why?

John & Sherry Petersik of Young House Love. They started out as two regular new homeowners just blogging about fixing up their first home and were able to make what started out as a hobby into a full-time job with multiple magazine and tv appearances, and now a book. They're amazing. 

8. What is the coolest opportunity that has come your way because of your blog?

Seeing other people liking my ideas and copying them...that is the coolest.  I think my ideas are great, but it's a whole other thing when I see people featuring me on their blogs, or pinning my ideas on their Pinterest boards and using words like "brilliant!" -that sure feeds my ego! haha

9. Who is your favorite decorator and why?

Genevieve Gorder because I'm obsessed with her show (Dear Genevieve on HGTV) and I love the way that she accessorizes! I'm not a minimalist at all- I'm more of a "more is more" person so I love that she always fills rooms with tons of amazing stuff, but at the same time is able to keep them from looking cluttered. And I also have an obsession with built-ins so I love how she puts them in pretty much every room that she does. 

10. What is a little-known fact about you that your readers would be surprised to learn?

I have a fetish for the smell of cleaning supplies. Like a crawling halfway into the empty washer to smell the detergent residue-type of obsession. 

11. What do you hope your blog will achieve in the long run? Please elaborate.

I hope it will be somewhere that people know they can go to get great ideas for their home. There are blogs that I can't wait to read every day because I know that I'm going to walk away with an amazing idea that I can't wait to do myself. I want my blog to be that for people. 



Ok, Here are the 11 bloggers that I am tagging:

Aimee at Twigg Studios
Holly at My Sister's Suitcase
Cindy at Cinsarah
Sherry at Decorating With CENTS
Nancy at Dream it...build it...style it!
Elle at Ellementary Home
Erin at His & Hers
Elizabeth at The Little Black Door
Teresa at Teresa D Boyd
Paige at The Creative Paige
Tammy at Type A Decorating

Please take some time to check them out- they're all very talented!

Ok ladies, here are my questions to you:

1. What is your favorite room to decorate and why?
2. Do you have a "Monica's closet" aka a hidden space in your house that's either a total mess or completely undecorated?
3. What is your favorite room in your house?
4. What made you decide to start a blog?
5. What is the best decorating tip that you've learned from another blog?
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. Is there a decorating trend that you hate and why?
9. Do you prefer baking or cooking?
10. What is your all-time favorite blog post? (That you've done)
11. What project have you completed that has made the biggest impact, visually or otherwise, in your home?



8 comments:

  1. I love reading your answers, Brooke. You must have put a lot of thoughts and time into this. :)

    I admire the Petersiks too, they have a great blog and do every renovating job themselves. It's pretty incredible even in this sense not even counting their large following of readers!

    Your final answer is my favorite. I hope my blog will inspire people to try out new ideas too whether it is using an unconventional color palette or mixing objects unexpected to create a fabulous vignette.

    Thanks for playing along, Brooke.

    Have a great weekend.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, so nice to get to know you. Jessie asked the best questions, so I feel like I have an idea about you. You are so fun, I can't wait to come back to your blog and see more. On my way to check out your other posts! By the way, do you know that you have word verification on? I did a post about it today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to learn more about you! I secretly love the smell of cleaning supplies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...nice to get to know you & thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading more about you! I also can't stand it when rugs are too small, it makes the whole room look out of balance! Oh and your living room is 'brilliant'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the tag! I got another tag this past week so perhaps I'll do a mix of the 22 different questions. :) Cleaning supplies=yummy smells. As long as they aren't also toxic or something. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tag Brooke! :) This was great to get to know more about you. And I'm with you on the rug thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love finding out these little extra fun bits about people! Thanks for tagging me, I'm ready to share!

    ReplyDelete