16 February 2012

Octopus Map Art


I made this yesterday using one of my favorite images from The Graphics Fairy.

I've used this guy before, but I covered him in book pages. This time, I thought I'd use a map. 




I printed the image out 


then flipped it over and covered the back with ripped up pieces of a map.


Once my map was all glued down, I turned it back over and cut out the octopus.

...Oh my gosh, those freaking tentacles! I'm cursing and cursing as I cut....


After about 45 minutes of painstaking snipping, the octopus was free of the paper and I used Mod Podge to glue it down to a 9x12 inch piece of foam board.


Can't you just picture this in a thick white frame? 


I've got special plans for this guy, so come back tomorrow to see what they are!










Weekend Bloggy Reading












9 comments:

  1. Brook, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

    I LOVE this project you did here! Cute, inexpensive and so creative.

    Love you blog too!
    ~Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute artwork! Good job, Brooke! I can imagine the time and patience it takes to cut the area near the tentacles!

    Can't wait to see where you put it! :)

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I recently discovered the Graphic Fairy and am so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea! I must visit this Graphic Fairy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really creative, Brooke! You're right, it would look so good in a thick white frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How have I not heard of the Graphic Fairy? Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! LOVE! And good gracious girl - you are one master wiz with the scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got some good fine motor skills going on! Brooke, I hope someday my blog will be as nice as yours....
    http://shabbysweettea.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, amazing!! I'm sitting here with my mouth hanging open... that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete