09 August 2012

A Trip To Home Goods

 I've missed this store so much!!

Before we moved, Home Goods was only a couple minutes from my house. 
Now I don't have one close so I haven't been since moving to Minneapolis. 
So I knew that while we were visiting Florida I had to make a Home Goods visit!

I dragged the kids there with me the other day, keeping my 7 year old from whining too much by promising to take him out for milk shakes when we were done.

As always, Home Goods was full of tons of awesome stuff, but these are the things that really caught my eye and had me wishing we could rent a trailer for the drive home....



I saw these chairs right when we walked in the door and they were SO bright and the print was so fun. That pretty silver nailhead along the sides got me too.



There were a ton of great lamps. I loved the green scale print shade on this one.




Chevron is always fun...




I loved the size of this lamp. I should have taken a picture of myself with it just to show how huge it was. A pair of them on a console table or buffet would look so cool just because they'd be so big and out of scale. 




Oh and anyone who shops at Home Goods knows how spectacular their lamp prices are. Seriously good. At a lot of places you pay separate for the shade and the base, so even at Target you can easily spend like $60 on one lamp. But here at Home Goods, the price you see is for the whole thing, and they are crazy cheap. That first one I showed with the green shade, was only thirty bucks. 

The cheap prices only make it harder to keep walking through the isles!

Anyways, I digress....



I wasn't crazy about the base of this lamp, but I loved the ikat print on the shade. 




I guess I should mention now that I got my heart broken in the lamp isle at Home Goods. 

Twice actually.

This is the lamp that did it. 


My eyes landed on that gorgeous giraffe print shade and I felt my heart skip a beat, then I saw it's equally gorgeous twin sitting right next to it and it was all over. I was totally head over heals and I felt like I might die if I couldn't take them home with me. 



By the time I reached for the price tag I was whimpering. 

 And at this price they were practically begging me to take them home. 



But alas, there just is not room for them in the truck when we drive home. By the time we get to Minnesota they'd be destroyed. I doubt they'd even make it over the Florida border. 

And these two deserve better than that.

But walking away was seriously painful. I'd already pictured our whole life together, with them sitting on a side board in my dining room. Sniffle. 



Whew. It's hard to move on. But I have to. So here's the rest of the stuff that got my attention that day. 


Remember my leopard print post the other day? 




I loved this little silver side table.




And I was totally crazy about these little nesting tables.



Check out the top of them- gorgeous!




These baskets had me imagining a pretty, organized laundry room. 




This last picture cracks me up. My son was getting sick of me oooing and ahhing over half the store and was so ready to go. I was like "Ok, mommy's done; lets go!" And then when we were almost to the door I slammed the stroller to a stop because I spotted these lamps right by the exit. My son gave this huge sigh and then looked so exasperated while I snapped the picture. 





Ah Home Goods. You never disappoint. 

So glad I got to go! I'm still healing from my hurt over those giraffe lamps, but it was still a great trip!


11 comments:

  1. Yes, the giraffe lampshades rock! I totally agree. I would have been hard-pressed not to take those home with me. I love Homegoods stores too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless HomeGoods! That is criminal they are keeping one from you up north. You need to start a 'build a HomeGoods close to my house' campaign! :) And congrats and DIY Showoff feature today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying over those first chairs and that last lamp. Now I want to go to Home Goods. Just have to convince the Fiance that we need new stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love HomeGoods, too! The lamp isle is my most favorite in the whole store, I always find something beautiful and affordable there. Love all the lamp shades and lamps especially the chevron and ikat ones. I know you didn't get those giraffe print lamps, perhaps you can DIY a regular lamp shade yourself using a giraffe print fabric instead? Just a thought. With your DIY skills and talent, I am sure it can be done, right?

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to HomeGoods last week and took a bunch of pictures for my blog too! I love everything you found. They didn't have any of that stuff in my store except the nesting tables. It's funny how different stores have different stuff. I like that lamp with the ikat shade. It would look great spray printed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blue chairs are amazing! HomeGoods is the best!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - some great finds. our home goods is so hit or miss. luckily we have three in a 20 mile radius, one is bound to have SOMETHING.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brooke,

    A lot of goodies here. I used to have Home Goods few minutes from home, but now I don't. Instead, I have Ikea which I love. Funny, 'cause I had a post that is Trip to Ikea last week.
    If you have time check my today's post, I linked back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some great finds! I pretty much go to Home Goods and stand in the lamp aisle and drool. I LOVE there lamps selection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first set of chairs and the ikat shade is calling me. I love them. Do you ever notice that Homegoods always has great stuff when others blog about it? I never get as lucky as most. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just at a great out-of-town homegoods and wished I could bring all those baskets you featured home with me! I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete