13 September 2012

A DIY Animal-Spotted Lamp Shade

  A few months ago I got this lamp from Target.


I found both the lamp and the shade there and when I saw them together I swooned because they were just such a pretty pair. 

And then I gushed about how much I loved it and how I was smitten with the blue design on the shade and just how gorgeous it was. 


And it still is gorgeous......I just got tired of it. 
More specifically, I got tired of the shade.


So I spent the last two days taking it from this:




To this:




This room was my inspiration:



I desperately, desperately want a room with walls just like these! But since I can't have them here, I figured I could at least get my animal-spot-fix by spotting my lampshade. 


And this time I mean it: I'm completely in love. Totally smitten. Absolutely weak in the knees. 





Come back tomorrow because I'll put up the full tutorial!





Don't forget about the big, multi-blogger giveaway that I'm a part of this week! It ends this Saturday at midnight so if you haven't entered yet go do it now! There's going to be 9 winners and there are multiple entry opportunities so don't miss you chance to win some great stuff!! Go here to enter. 

17 comments:

  1. Brooke,

    You're a rockstar! Love your creation. But, I gotta say that the lamp from Target was so pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is over the TOP Gorgeous!!!! What a fantastic look you have created. LOVE....LOVE....LOVE...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the tutorial...This looks absolutely AMAZING! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Brooke, the lamp shade is super chic! I might said this before but seriously, this is my most favorite project from you! Super super love! Let me guess, you use a fabric or wrapping paper to wrap the shade? Don't tell me you use a marker or a pen because that would be really, really sick (in a
    good way)!

    P/S: I am so glad you remove the word verification! :)

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie!! :D Oh and no I didn't use a pen...but I almost did!! haha. I was going to use a sharpie to trace over the original design and make it black- but then I thought of this. :) Oh yeah and that word verification is such a pain!! after having to put in the numbers and letters 5 different times on another site I was like, I'm getting rid of this on my site! I still got spam comments all the time anyway so it's not like it was stopping them.

      Delete
  5. Love the shade! I can't wait to see the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shade redo!! Waiting for that tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh craving for one!;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm the same way! i love something to death and then am ready for change. i LOVE your diy & that room's inspiration. those walls are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job!

    I have a set of those black/white tins to and never thought about putting flowers in them. *ideas, ideas*

    :)

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I love it!! How original and great looking. I love the results. Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. Its so nice to discover you blog too. I love a good DIY!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you've done!
    -Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this Brooke!I get tired of decor so quickly. Can't wait to see the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete