28 September 2012

I'm Mixing Gold And Silver!

 It's obvious that I love silver. There are little splashes of it all over the place in my house. 


But, I also love gold. 

And I've gotten tired of choosing between two good things. 

I have to say that between the two metals, silver is my favorite. 
It just looks so elegant and sophisticated and cool.

But gold looks so glamorous and flashy and kinda haughty. I want a little of that around here. So I've decided to add in little bits of gold. 

If you're wondering if it's okay to mix silver and gold together in a room, YES it is! They look fab together!



Some of my plans for doing it have to wait till I have the extra $$, but that doesn't mean I can't get started in a few small ways. 

All it took was an .89 bottle of gold acrylic paint to get a couple touches of gold in here:


{Remember this Target find from a few months back?}





And this little plant who's pot I Mod Podged with the "like" at my last house...



After a few coats of gold paint:


I love it here on the tray mixed with the silver pears. 




I've got more golden plans for around here, so stay tuned!



11 comments:

  1. You've got mad skills with that gold paint, Brooke! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES...YES...They are great together. I had a lot of silver and chrome! Then.....a piece of gold showed up mysteriously and BAM..IT HASN'T STOPPED!
    Gold adds so much warmth to any space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mixing metallics adds alot of dimension and interest to a space! Loving these simple changes. SO luxe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that glamorous blue bottle with the touch of gold.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mixing the two. You've done such a great job with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I love that speckled lamp! It is so cute!

    Have an AMAZING weekend, gorgeous!

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blog, Brooke, thanks for sharing it with me! Your home is gorgeous. I don't know how you do it when you have little ones with you all day. Somehow you've combined glamorous style with young mom reality. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa!! And thanks for the visit the other day- it was fun!

      Delete
  8. Love your home. That tray is gorgeous!!!
    Hope you're having a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both. Continue mixing!

    ReplyDelete