05 October 2012

House Beautiful 2012 Kitchen Of The Year

 You know, if I'm being completely, 100% honest, cooking is not my favorite thing in the world. (Even though I'm doing it sometimes 3 times a day- always breakfast and dinner, and sometimes lunch too.)

I don't hate it, but I'm definitely not one of those people who, when they really need to relax, loves to go into the kitchen and whip up an intricate meal. I'd rather sit on the couch with take-out and a show I've dvr'd. To me cooking isn't relaxing because all I can think of is the mess I'm making while I'm doing it. But, I'm a huge fan of food, which is the one thing I like about cooking. 

But you guys, I would never, ever ever, complain about cooking again in my life if I was doing it in this kitchen. 

I.just.die when I look at these pictures. 

The 2012 Kitchen of the Year is 1000sf of absolute gorgeousness. 


It's hard to narrow it down, but I think my absolute favorite thing in here is this tile. OMGosh...


This is Ann Sacks Davlin tile in white gold leaf, and I think it just replaced the marble tiles in the dream kitchen in my head. 









Here is the butler's pantry, that I'd happy trade my whole kitchen for.

All images via

I think I'd feel like I had to get dressed up to cook in here. I mean, how do you make tacos in your sweats in a room this pretty??

Every time I walk into my kitchen this weekend and look at the cabinets with 4 different shades of brown paint on them, I'm going to be thinking of this kitchen and cursing. 

Someday...

Hope you guys have a great weekend! In addition to lamenting about not having my dream kitchen, I'll be going with my family to a pumpkin patch. Here's to hay rides!!

6 comments:

  1. haha, I like that you said you would have to get dressed up to cook in here. I love the backsplash and the hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about cooking! They are exactly mine! I love to eat, but hate to create all the mess.
    I am getting tons of inspirations from this kitchen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also looking such kind of kitchen in my home. Your kitchen is very cool and attractive where every one like to stay more and more time.

    Interior design

    ReplyDelete
  4. That backsplash is inane. And those cabinets, I love those cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are two peas in a pod. I don't enjoy cooking but I cooked every weekday and I love food. I don't mind having a beautiful kitchen, though, that would keep me motivated to cook! lol

    Those shiny silver tile backsplash are so gorgeous, very stylish looking and glam! Love it! Also loving those chrome shelves!

    Enjoy your day, Brooke!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, the kitchen is the heart of every home. I mean, that’s just where you do all the necessary things to delight your family and yourself with wonderful dishes! And who wouldn’t mind staying and working in these wonderful kitchens?

    ReplyDelete