01 October 2012

More Gold & New Art

 Last week I talked about how I've started adding in some gold around my house. I already had the tiniest bits of it here and there (like with the writing on book covers, some detail on the edge of a large picture frame, etc) and I've been wanting to add a lot more into the mix of all the silver. So I started by painting a few things I already have, just to get the gold going a little bit.

Then, I was able to add in a little more a couple days later when this lovely item arrived in my mail:


It's called Leopard On Leopard On Leopard, and it was made by the talented Blair Breitenstein, who sells her gorgeous drawings of gorgeous girls in the Etsy shop Blonde Lasagna

I've blogged about her art before, and I was so happy to finally get a piece of it for myself!

My print arrived with a white mat, but I decided to paint it gold because I thought it would make the gold tones in the girl's hair and also in the leopard really pop. I'm so glad I did because it looks amazing!



I wanted it to have a lot of impact in the room, and I'm crazy about it so I wanted it to have a really good spot in my living room, which is why I chose to replace my free art with this. I love how important it looks in such a big frame. 



I also love that I have now added one more splash of gold to my house. And my living room now has a little bit of it on both sides- one side with this picture, and the other side with this pot:



Loving too that my living room is now also flanked with animal spots, and both in black and tan! My awesome lampshade on one side and now my awesome leopard picture on the other. So so happy. :D




7 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on a fab vintage Cheetah print at a local Antique Mall but I haven't been able to come up with the money to purchase it yet. I love your new addition - so whimsical!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A vintage cheetah print sounds awesome!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Love your new art!
    You will love the addition of gold to your rooms. Warms them up and makes them feel so welcoming.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic print! And I love your pops of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way it looks with your wedding veil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just checking out the blondelasagna shop now-- i've been looking for some cool fashion illustrations! i love how modern & stylish your living room is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great leopard picture!

    ReplyDelete