13 November 2012

My Weekend Project

 Over the weekend I finally got around to something that's been sitting on my to-do list for months now-
I repainted the bench that's in our dining room. 


{This picture is the "before"}




It's really hard to tell in pictures but the old paint color was an antique white that had a really yellow tint to it and it did not look good with the bright white on the fabric we used to upholster the bench

Our house isn't super bright inside so it wasn't horrifically obvious, but whenever I've brought the bench outside to spray it with scotch guard, the way the two colors look together in the sunshine makes me cringe. 

And it was that same scenario that finally made me get a move on and repaint it already. 
I'd lugged it outside to spray the fabric with scotch guard and after I was done I stood there staring at the yellowish paint (that was also stained in places, dirty-looking, and even chipped in a couple spots) and I decided it was not coming back in the house looking like that. 





Here it is getting a fresh coat of bright white paint. 



And done!



So much better!!



You can really see the difference in this side-by-side picture- the bright white looks so much better with the fabric!



It's nice to finally get this off my to-do list!

20 comments:

  1. Looks great Brooke! It's crazy how much the white brightened the bench up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the smallest change makes all the difference. Love the new paint color on your bench!

    P/S: Thanks for entering my current giveaway. Good luck, my friend!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU GET AN A+++++ FOR THIS !!!
    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks all fresh and ready for some company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! The before/after picture really shows what a difference it made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright white! My favorite. Looks sooo much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great!! Now, where is that light fixture from?! So glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!! The light fixture is from West Elm but it's been discontinued. :( I'm so glad I snatched it up when I did- it's pretty much my favorite thing that I own!

      Delete
  8. The hubs never believes me how many different shades of white there are. Perfect example. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men don't understand those things. ;) Show him my before and after pic.

      Delete
  9. It looks so good! It's amazing how such a seemingly small color change made such a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks much better! I bet it feels good to have just finally tackled this project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done Brooke! You are a fine designer/decorator, believe you, me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks all fresh and ready for some company.I love your blog
    you have anew follower fromChile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy to have you!

      Delete
  13. ahh, those nagging lists! There are so many little touches that make a huge difference! Love your chandelier btw.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I first saw the picture, I thought....why bother, you can't tell. Now, with that close up...I get it. It really does look much brighter. I am jealous that you house is so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, the final project looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so much brighter painted white. Good call!

    ReplyDelete