04 January 2013

Framed Wedding Dress Remnant

 One of the things I got for Christmas was this gorgeous mirrored frame from Target.


For the last {almost} 10 years I've been saving the scraps from my wedding dress that were cut off by the seamstress during my fitting. I knew that eventually I wanted to do something with them, but I never felt inspired to do any more than just leave them packed up in a box until I started seeing mirrored frames everywhere. Then I knew I needed one so that I could frame a remnant of my dress in it. 

This one from Target is pretty big- 19x23 with an 8x10 sized mat. And it only costs $35, which is a good price for a mirrored frame, especially one so big. 
{I was actually able to get mine for $25 because of a coupon for a $10 gift card given to me by the nice lady standing ahead of me in line. Score!}

Here's a close-up of the dress... I love how all the little crystal beads sparkle when the light hits them.


The only thing I'm not completely in love with is how the bright white mat looks against the ivory dress. But I'm leaving it alone for now until I think of a look I'll like better. 


It makes me really happy to have finally done something with a piece of my dress!


17 comments:

  1. What a nice idea and it looks so pretty! Love the mirrored frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! And that frame was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I was eyeing that fram ein Target too:) I recently had a party where everyone got to WEAR their wedding dresses again. Oh my goodness, it was so amazing, I felt like a bride except not broke, with 3 kids (so not so skinny) and able to afford nice champagne!

    I bet you love looking at that scrap!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I love that idea for a party!! That would be so fun!! And yes, I love looking at the scrap of my dress!

      Delete
  4. Good idea!!!
    Happy New Year, dear!!!
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!!!!
    Remember the Christening dress Erica preserved and hung on a canvas for me? She is trying to offer that type of product as a business. I have no idea when or how she will get this off the ground. She mentioned offering to do special dresses, sports stuff, or whatever! Someday she hopes to do her dress, entirely, train and all.......she just needs a place to hang it!!! It would be a handsome piece if it were ever a reality!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's such a good idea!! I think lots of people have items like that, that they hang on to because of their meaning, and that they'd love to have preserved in such a beautiful way. Let me know if she ever wants me to mention it on here- I'll talk her up like crazy! :)

      Delete
  6. Brooke! lovely! so lovely! You have such a great designing eye. I love seeing your additions to your living room. I am really glad you got the wedding dress framed. In this publication, the matte looks periwinkle-ish. (on my computer anyway) When you said you didn't like it white, I thought, huh? I thought it was not white at all. Interesting? huh? Your placement skills are spot on and your elements of sparkle here and there are exactly what that area needs. I love it!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Renae, thank you!! The color does look a little periwinkle in the pictures; it's just because the "white" isn't the same shade as like the bright white paint on the mirror or on the fireplace bricks. If I end up leaving it white I may do something to make it a "true" white. But I haven't decided yet so for now I'm leaving it alone.

      Delete
  7. Great idea! The frame is gorgeous. Yels x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that frame! Do you have a link for it? I searched around and can't find it online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth, I searched for it online too and can't find it. It must be one of those items that's only available in the store. I hope you're able to find it!

      Delete
  9. What a great idea and it looks beautiful! Going to have to check out Target for some frames now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Such a great frame and such a great way to remember the dress without taking up a ton of space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw those mirrored frames on Target and have been loving them ever since! Aren't they glam and beautiful? What a great idea to frame your wedding dress remnant!

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas holiday season with your family. Happy New Year, my friend!

    P/S: I went back to my home country (Malaysia)for my one month vacation. It was great! Enjoy your weekend!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Jessie!! I'm happy for you that you got to go home for so long! Have a great weekend too!

      Delete