14 January 2013

Placemat As Art

 It's nice to have creative friends.
That way when I'm busy going through my house and getting rid of crap we don't need,
I've still got cool projects to post about. 

A good friend of mine recently did this in her boys' bathroom:



She wanted some cheap art for the wall, so she framed this placemat that she'd found and fallen in love with at Pier 1. 
This is such a great idea for getting unique and inexpensive art! Looking at it I'd never guess it was a placemat. This makes me want to keep an eye out for pretty ones that go on sale. 


Tomorrow I'll have another cool DIY this same friend did with a twin sheet set!

9 comments:

  1. This is a great idea!

    Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I also love the stone veneers in her son's bathroom!

    By the way, I am hosting a fabulous giveaway! Come by and enter for a chance to win $100 credit towards some gorgeous wallpaper/ mural/ decal if you like, Brooke!

    http://www.mixandchic.com/2013/01/giveaway-100-wallpaper-update-gift-card.html

    This is a giveaway you don't want to miss!

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to think outside of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your kidding that is a placemat? Nice!

    Ali of:

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this idea
    Am gonna give it a try
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Brooke! Hope your past few days have been lovely. Thank you for sharing this idea. It has given me a super idea for my kitchen art. I am a minimalist and I would love to find some artsy place-mats and frame them. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

    ReplyDelete