03 January 2013

The Latest

 Hi! It feels like it's been forever since I've sat down in front of my computer- and it's actually been really nice! It was great to just enjoy my family during the holidays. 
But I've missed my little blog so I'm glad to be back! 

I want to thank Kristen from Just A Girl And Her Little Dog for featuring my wedding veil display in her favorites of 2012 roundup earlier this week. That was a great way for me to end the year! You must go check out her list- I got lots of project ideas from it! 


It was nice having this get featured too because I actually don't have it anymore- my 2 year old son broke the frame completely in half. So my veil is back in a box. But don't worry; I'm planning to make another display for it and this one should be even better!


I've got a couple new projects that I've already completed that I'm going to be posting about soon. 

Like this new addition to my dining room wall:



And the special item that I put in the new mirrored frame on the ledge by the mantel:


Oh and if you look to the right side of the mantel, you'll see a Christmas item that didn't get put away:


This glittery vase filler has been part of my Christmas decor for the last couple years, but it's so pretty that I decided to leave it out and make it part of the regular stuff. 



 Here's something else that's new- it was handmade for me for Christmas by a friend:


Isn't it beautiful?! 

It looks similar to this Dwell Studio vase that I posted about a while ago:


I love how the vase ties in with my black and white striped table:




I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years! Happy 2013! It's good to be back!



8 comments:

  1. I love that veil frame, I may have to do something similar with mine. AND Congratulations on the feature.

    Much Love,
    Amy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever friend you have, that stripy vase is very cute. I love the framed veil too...... I found your blog through Kristen and am your newest follower. Yels x
    http://www.fourunderoneroof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Looking forward to what you have in store for us in 2013! So glad to have connected with you this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year. Looking forward to all your posts this coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke! So nice to have you back and to see the additions to your room. Too bad son broke your glass. Did you get the glass out of the netting? ooooooh. I love your style! That is why I am always sure to come to your site / blog. Happy New Year, doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renae! Luckily the frame didn't have glass-the front of it was plexiglass. So no shards anywhere and the veil is completely fine. It was the wooden part of the frame that got broken- I think what happened was that my son knocked it over so that it was leaned against the ottoman, and then he climbed on top of it and forced it to the floor, which broke it in half. But I have plans for a new one that will look ever better so I'm not that sad anymore. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. It's nice to hear from you. Hope you enjoyed the holiday season and I'm looking forward to lots of visits in 2013!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had such a nice holiday
    Love the big pic on the wall and how creative to simulate that vase you liked so much
    Brett

    ReplyDelete