A few months ago I re-covered this lampshade and painted it with animal spots.
I had temporarily lined the inside of the shade with black paper so that it looked like this:
But this week I finally got around to doing what I'd really wanted to inside this shade- I made it gold.
I bought a gold leafing kit and just followed the directions on the package.
This stuff is so messy!
It would have been so much easier to do this if I'd done it before I'd recovered the outside of the shade, that way I wouldn't have the fabric edge on the inside of the shade to have to work around.
But I managed.
And it still looks pretty fab.
I love love love the gold with the animal spots.
I also love that I now have a touch of shiny gold on this end of the room, and on the opposite side are the shiny gold letters on my wedding veil display.
I'm so glad this lamp is finally finished!