02 April 2013

Hanging a Bowl on the Wall




This is the bowl I did an eggshell veneer on last year. (To see how I did it go to the post I wrote for Chic On A Shoestring Decorating HERE)



When we moved into this house I decided the best place for it was up on the wall. 

Since it's made out of wood it was really easy to make it hangable. 

Rob used a staple gun to attach picture hanging wire to the back:



then he used our new favorite picture hanging hardware to hang it on-
it's these picture hanging hooks by Ook Shield:


They have a super sticky backing like a command strip that you stick to the wall, and then you insert these two little pins in the top like this:


And then hammer them in place so they're like this:


Then it's ready to hold up to 50 pounds.
These things are AMAZING...I don't know how we ever hung art without them! It's how we hung all the large pieces in this house. 

So anyways that was all it took to get this bowl up on the wall. I like how it echoes the round shape of the mirror in the living room.



I also really love the view of it from the side:



Sometimes the best thing to do with something is stick it up on the wall and make it art.


Today I'm over at the blog for GoldenageUSA talking about more big-bowl ideas. Come visit me HERE


7 comments:

  1. Really looks great on the wall Brooke. I would never have thought to do anything like that. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! Your bowl looks very global chic!

    Don't forget to stop by and enter my current giveaway to win a stunning mural wallpaper.(worth $500!)

    http://www.mixandchic.com/2013/04/giveaway-murals-wallpaper-worth-up-to.html

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Brooke! You are all over Blog-land today. I am happy about that for you. The big bowl? OMyGosh! Now I know what to do with that large cracked bowl that my Mom made homemade bread in years ago. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I went to the other site like you suggested and saw all those fabulous ideas.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jessie. Very global-y. And that little sucker holds up 50lbs? That's crazy good. I'm in thump tack city over here. I need something flatter and more substantial like your hooks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jessie. Very global-y. And that little sucker holds up 50lbs? That's crazy good. I'm in thump tack city over here. I need something flatter and more substantial like your hooks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bowl on the wall idea and that particular bowl is pretty cool
    Brett

    ReplyDelete