01 April 2013

The Playroom Dresser Is Done!

 
I got this finished up over the weekend and I'm so happy about how it looks!

Here's the before of the dresser we got for free and have been using to store our kids' toys in the playroom: 



And here it is now, after several coats of paint ("Peacock Feather" by Behr) and new knobs:





The knobs are from Hobby Lobby and when I bought them (at 50% off) they looked like this:


But the screws they came with weren't long enough to go all the way through the drawer front so Rob had to get new screws and washers for them. 

So now they look like this, and I actually like the chrome better.




Remember how when I first started painting the dresser I was a little scared of how bright the color was?

Well all my fear is gone. In fact I love it so much I'm fighting the urge to drag it out to the living room. 

But I love it in here- especially since our playroom is right off the entryway so the dresser is pretty much the first thing you see when you come in the front door.



And right across the entryway from the playroom is the dining room, where on a shelf sits the thing that inspired the dresser's new color: 





I've never been a big fan of blue for my house, but the right shade came along and won me over!



9 comments:

  1. The new color looks great! I am sure the kids love them too, what a bright and happy room!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue! A pop of color is so great in a kids area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color is lovely and the paint job turned out very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks beautiful Brooke! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Brooke! That shade of blue and the new look that dresser has is tremendous. It gives the room a better sense of whimsy. I love it. GREAT JOB, pat yourself on the back, girlfreind! I took a few days off and will get to a new post later for tomorrow. It felt great to take a break and to go shopppping ! ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect, perfect color! Love those groovy knobs too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great Brooke - I love the bright color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My jar dropped (literally) when I saw your "new" dresser! I love the color!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the paint color on the dresser, that pop of color really woke up the room. So fun.

    ReplyDelete