11 April 2013

What I'm Craving: Wallpaper

 Lately I've been feeling desperate for some wallpaper. Maybe it's the fact that we're renting and I can't have it that's making me feel like I need it so much. I guess I shouldn't say I can't have it- there's always the removable kind. (Like from Spoonflower.) But I'm really wishing I was free to pick out whatever I wanted without worrying about how to get it off the walls. I keep thinking about how much more complete some of our rooms would look with a bold pattern or color up on the walls. 











It's on my list of things I can't wait to do when we're no longer renters and I can do what ever I want with my house. 

In the meantime, something like this could be a good option: 



Or this:


I'm sure if I was determined enough I could find a way to at least get a little paper up on a wall- without actually sticking it to it.


8 comments:

  1. OMG Brooke.. this is the exact same thought I woke up with today morning...!!! I am renting too and on budget graduate student... but nevertheless.. i want to try out the removable ones... Please let me know if you come across more the removable types... that would be awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will let you know if I come across more! I'm really wanting to try some too!

      Delete
  2. I so love that yellow paper! I'm talking down wallpaper this weekend. Now I need to find what will go up in its place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke, loving the look with navy curtains, contrasting wallpaper, and those nautical striped chairs. Great taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia! I love that room too!!

      Delete
  4. I've always wanted a fabulously wallpapered room as well, and now that I own a home I can't pull the trigger! There are just too many options!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will be the same way!! There's so much to choose from!

      Delete
  5. my gram is a genius with wall paper - I think people see it as out dated but it can be awesome and modern - love this post.

    http://stellaturnerruth.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete