02 May 2013

My Dream Kitchen




I love imagining what I would do in my dream house, and the kitchen is my favorite room to plan! If I could have this room, I'd be in it all the time and I just know I'd be super inspired to take my cooking up a notch! (hear that Rob...incentive!!

Here is what I want:


My dream kitchen would have cabinets in a high gloss, bright white. I want cabinets that shine. 


It would have white marble countertops.



For the backsplash, I'd do these Ann Sacks tiles:


They're from the Davlin collection and called white gold leaf. I'd get them in the rectangle shape and lay them in a herringbone pattern like this: 







My dream kitchen has not one, but two islands- plenty of space for prepping and serving. 


Hanging above those islands would be four light fixtures similar to this (two over each):





I want a mix of solid front cabinets, glass front cabinets, and open shelving, plus a large area of wall space where there is no upper cabinetry or shelving at all, just lots of pretty tile and big windows.  



I want a mix of glass knobs and silver pulls on the cabinets and drawers, and a sink similar to this one:



My dream kitchen has Electrolux appliances. Those people are geniuses at making commercials- I genuinely enjoy theirs. When Rob and I are watching tv and he's fast-forwarding through the commercials, I always stop him when an Electrolux commercial comes on. I love to watch Kelly Ripa doing her laundry and boiling water and popping cookies in the oven, and I imagine that if I had those same appliances I'd be just as amazing as she is. 

Besides, they are just plain fab- Electrolux designs their appliances in "suites" so you can choose matching sets that compliment each other and look sleek and stylish while delivering professional results. 



I love the built-in look that's so trendy with kitchens now, so it's awesome that they have a collection of counter-depth refrigerators that make that look possible. 



The appliances would be stainless, and to warm up all the white and silver and glass in the room, the floor would be a dark wood.



My dream kitchen must have a gorgeous ceiling too- I can't decide whether I'd want to do something like this:


or if I'd want to add some pattern up there with some metallic paper like this:


My light fixtures would have a gold finish so I think it would be really pretty to have the gold repeated on the ceiling and those two places would be the only spots in the room with gold; the rest would be silver and stainless. Come to think of it I really wouldn't have to choose- I could do both ceiling looks by papering the insides of the squares with a metallic, patterned paper. I'm swooning already. 


My dream kitchen would also have a gigantic walk-in pantry. And a butler's pantry. And maybe even a library ladder like in the pic above. 



I'm going to forward this post on to my husband now. 






I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.


10 comments:

  1. Oh.My.Design.Goodness. Seriously? That first pic alone had me salivating!! LOL :) GREAT round up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post, Brooke! I was with you every step of the way thinking, "Yes, I want that too!"..."Ooooh, what a great idea!". Can we have matching kitchens one day please? XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol YES let's make it happen!! And thank you!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. As old as I am, I have finally come to the conclusion that my dream kitchen is a kitchen that has someone come and keep it clean!!!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea Brett- I'm going to add that to my list of dream kitchen must-haves!

      Delete
  4. I enjoy watching Kelly Ripa floating through room to room performing miracles!
    That is a Dream Gorgeous Kitchen for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVING the pattern for the back splash. Wouldn't it be nice?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very amazed with this kind of blog. This is really really nice a very beautiful pictures are very interesting and lovable. I hope that you will posts more and thank you for this.
    Modular Kitchen Collection

    ReplyDelete