21 June 2013

New Dining Room Chairs

 Yesterday during torrential rain, three gigantic boxes arrived:







So far I've only unpacked one box and put it's two chairs together- the other 4 chairs are still sitting in their boxes waiting for their legs. I hate putting legs on chairs. I've done it more times than I can count but it never fails that every time I'm laying on the floor trying to line up the screw with the holes in the chair and the holes in the top of the leg, and I'm headachy from squinting, and my finger tips are bruising, and I'm hissing curses to myself and imagining taking one of the chair legs and beating the chair with it. It's maddening. And since we don't have a table yet we don't actually have a need for any of these chairs at the moment so I'm going to take my time putting them together. Maybe one a week...? 

It does feel good to be getting what we need to make our dining room usable again. We now have seating and a centerpiece- now to get the table! 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke! I'm loving the new chairs. I can't wait to see what kind of table you pair with it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great chairs. Where are they from?
    Table decision made yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've decided on the table, just need to order supplies...hehe :) The chairs are from Overstock- I had a coupon so I got them at a great price and I love them!

      Delete
  3. NICE. Can't wait to see them on display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are nice:) Are they comfy? I can't wait to see your new dining table and it all put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes they are sooo comfy- we'll be able to sit around the table and chat for as long as we want! :)

      Delete