24 July 2013

Copying A Look In A Simple Way

 I know I'm not the only one who's completely in love with this living room. 


If you haven't seen it yet, it's the living room of Giuliana and Bill Rancic and every time I look at it I swoon. 


While I'd love to replicate just about everything in here in my own house, my budget stops me. So what I do instead, whenever there's a room I'm really crazy for, is to focus in on some of the little details that make me love it so much and then just try to replicate those. I won't end up with the same room {at all} but I'll get a tiny bit of what I was loving out of the inspiration room. 

So in this room, one thing I really love is that horse statue behind the couch. 


I decided I had to have a white statue of a horse. 

Then last weekend, I saw a horse statue for $20 at HomeGoods. It was not the right color and the details are different but it's still a horse and it was a great price so I brought it home with me. 


It was the perfect thing to fill the empty spot on the bottom shelf in the dining room where I'd swiped a vase to use in the entryway

All it needed was a little spray paint to get it from this: 


To this:




It's definitely not a dead-ringer for the one in the Rancic house, but that doesn't bother me- I now have a white horse just like they do. That makes my house so close to being as cool as theirs. 


15 comments:

  1. Your newly painted white horse is more animated than G&B's. I think you found the perfect one for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little addition! All the details look awesome painted white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your white horse statue! I love this room too. Thanks for the idea of picking out one or two items to replicate at home, rather than being frustrated that I can't make my house look exactly like the photos. What a gorgeous space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Holly! And yeah that's how I keep from going insane with envy- cause there are so many gorgeous houses that I wish mine could look just like! :)

      Delete
  4. I love it white, and love that you said you gotta have it cause 'it's a horse". Love it!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous25 July, 2013

    TBH, I like it better in the original. Now that it's white it just sort of disappears into the wall and shelf. It popped before. My thought is maybe paint it in gold or silver to get it back to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of gold or silver; that would be pretty!

      Delete
  6. Your horse is beautiful. I agree with Anonymous above, maybe painting the details a shiny gold will make your horse pop more! :)

    P/S: Brooke, don't forget to enter my current giveaway for a chance to win a $50 gift cert towards colorful and chic handcrafted dinnerware!

    http://www.mixandchic.com/2013/07/a-product-review-and-giveaway-coton.html

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie! And yes I will come check out your giveaway- thanks!

      Delete
  7. Your horse turned out nice and I adored it before you painted it as well.

    BTW, I love your shelf. Great job with the styling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sweet words on my blog:) and Im now following you.

    Check out my new post and have a wonderful weekend dear:)

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Loved your post- hope my comment went through; my computer wasn't wanting to leave it for some reason. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. Isn't it amazing what a little spray paint can do? The horse looks great!

    www.LesleyMetcalfe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley! And yes, I love that it makes it so easy to make something more my style. :)

      Delete