07 August 2013

Bench Plans

 I have so many project plans right now and what feels like no time to get started on any of them. 

I finally made the first step in starting one of them though- ordering new fabric for this bench:



I love the fabric that I originally upholstered it with- it's from Spoonflower and it's called Gray Cream Ikat. 


But after sitting at the table in our old house and being eaten on at every meal, it's got a few stains (although I have to admit they are tiny and super light- this fabric held up really really well). Plus it's missing a button, which I'm cleverly hiding with that bowl. My house is full of camouflaged mishaps like that. The button would be easy enough to fix but I'm kind of craving a change.

There's a fabric I'm super in love with and dying to use, so I'm going to reupholster the bench with it. It's this one, also from Spoonflower:


I think it will give a fun and fresh looking pattern and color to the back wall in the living room. 


7 comments:

  1. I love the original fabric but I love your new choice even more! As much as I hate this word, I think it will really ‘pop’ against that wall. Can’t wait to see what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Meghan. It will really bring your eye to that wall and YES, POP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color in that fabric. And so fitting for Florida. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that fabric! It will look very cha-cha from the front door when you enter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the green fabric is so fun and fresh
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabric choice, Brooke! Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that new fabric, Brooke! It will look very chic and fresh on the neutral wall! Looking forward to see the finished product.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete