09 September 2013

Updated Step-Stool

 So glad this little project is off my to-do list. 

Last week I posted about the ugly little stool in my kids' bathroom that I was tired of seeing from our living room. 




Here it is after a quick paint job. 



To make the arrow I just spray painted a strip of gold across the front of the stool and the first step (after sanding the whole thing really quick),
then once it was dry I taped off an arrow shape. 


Then I painted it with dark gray paint and peeled up the tape while the last coat of paint was still wet. I finished by giving the whole thing a quick coat of polycrylic to help protect it against chips. 

So much better. 


9 comments:

  1. Love the stool makeover! The gold and the black look so chic together!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's darling! Loving the new black and gold combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love how you glitz things up in a 'perfect touch' method. IWOULDLOVETOCOMETOYOURHOMEANDSOAKITALLIN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute and the color is fantastic
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great ... and the arrow! I love it! xo

    ReplyDelete