11 September 2013

Ways To Arrange A Throw

 Fall is just around the corner! Well, at least for some of you; here in Florida we have awhile till it gets here- if it even comes at all. Some years we skip straight over Fall and just go right to Winter some time around the end of November. But that doesn't mean I'm not excitedly anticipating the cooler temperatures. And even now I can snuggle up under a blanket and sip some hot chocolate to chase away the chill from the air conditioning. So that's what I wanted to talk about today- blankets. More specifically throws. I personally like them out all year long because they can be such a pretty, extra layer in a room. But if you're just busting yours out now, or have some out but aren't quite sure what you want to do with them when they aren't being used, here are some cute arrangement ideas. 


Fold it over the arm of a chair.



Hang it on a ladder.



Fold it across the chaise end of a couch.




Lay it over the back of a couch- tuck it behind the cushions. 



(btw...you can get this particular throw right here.)


Fold it across a chaise. 



Toss it over the corner of a sofa. 



Fold it across the end of a bed. 




Fold it over the arm of a sofa. 



Toss it over the end of a bed.



Put it in a basket.



Fold it down the center of a chair. 



14 comments:

  1. I love these tips and photos! You have a knack for figuring out a 101 ways to style something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice ideas! Man, that throw from Cococozy is really nice. Too bad it's super expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it!! It's so pretty, but sadly not in my budget.

      Delete
  3. Great photos! I love throws. Especially the faux fur ones in the Winter, there's nothing cozier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! I actually just ordered one recently; can't wait for it to get here!

      Delete
  4. Great ideas, I like mine folded and neat, I can't seem to pull off the 'just hanging there' look! I think its the O-C in me acting up more than anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Brooke, Lovely ideas all in one post. I spotted your lovely addition in the mix, too. hahahaha. I have decided that you are my favorite 'interior design magazine' that I find right here, a click away. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe its time to start thinking of throws. Hooray for fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a big fan of throws, I think I have at least 7 throws. I use 4 Ikea cheapo ones (I use 2 at a time) to protect my white sofa and the others for decorative purposes/ chilly days.

    Great inspirations, Brooke!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of an effortlessly style throw. Like it just happened to land there, on the corner of my sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice summary of all the ways to style with throws! I think throws are one of the most affordable and easiest ways to style any room, and be able to change them out easily!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love throws! They bring such warmth and texture to a space! I've found the less folded and arranged it looks, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its very stormy here in London today so, for today at least, the only place I'll be putting a throw is over me! :)

    ReplyDelete