Yesterday I tackled a quick little project that's been on my to-do list for a while-
figuring out a new backing for my daughter's baby shirt that's framed in the living room.
Can't see it? Don't worry, neither could we. It's a white shirt and it was on a white backing, so it completely blended in and we had to squint to even be able to see what was in the frame.
So yesterday I took it out and made a new backing for it out of some dark gray fabric that I already had. (It's actually the remnants of some blackout curtains.) I just used the piece of paper that the shirt had originally been backed with as my guide for cutting the fabric to the right size.
I ironed the cut piece and then just used a glue stick to glue it right to the inside of the frame backing, that way it would stay nice and flat inside the frame.
I love the added texture that the heavy fabric adds to this. And I love that now this sweet little shirt is so easy to see.
No more squinting to figure out what's in the frame.
An added bonus is that it now matches the lamps ridiculously well. I wasn't trying to make that happen, but now that it did I like it.