17 December 2013

DIY Felt Garland

 I have been a super sucky blogger this month. At least my traffic stats indicate that everyone's too busy to care. 
I've been trying to get a handle on the Christmas shopping- since I just started yesterday. 
Yikes. 
I do not recommend waiting until the very last second to do your shopping. There are a few gifts that I'll waiting by the door for on Christmas Eve, biting my nails and wringing my hands till they get delivered. 

I did manage to get one cute Christmas DIY done a few days ago- a felt garland. 



It was really easy to make-

I started by cutting out a bunch of different sized circles from white felt. 



Then I just sewed them together to make a long chain. 


It was a little bit tedious because every time I added a new circle to the chain I had to stop the sewing and raise the presser foot so that I could slide the next circle under it:




Even though it was a lot of starting and stopping, it actually wasn't bad. It was redundant but kind of relaxing since I didn't really have to think about what I was doing. I just kind of zoned out and sewed my circles. It was one of those things where I'd look up after a few minutes and realize I'd just done like 5 feet of chain. 

I like that the circles are all different sizes too. They look like snow balls. 

The garland looks pretty on the tree-



But my favorite spot for it is hung across the wall in the playroom. 


And the best part is that paired with a tree or a wreath (like the pretty one in the playroom that my son made at school) this garland adds to the festive feel, but since it's not overly Christmasy on it's own, I can leave it up all year. Which I plan to do since it's making that big empty wall look so much better. I think I'll make some more felt garlands to hang with it. I just haven't decided if I want to keep them all white or do some other colors. 

Well I'm off to try to finish up my Christmas shopping. Here's to never being a last minute shopper again. (Raising my cocoa to that.)

Oh before I go, my sponsor DecoraUSA is giving away $100 to their site, so go here to enter. 

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, Brooke. I love how you love to decorate with white; simple, elegant white. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so simple in looks and diy factor, yet very elegant
    Good luck on the shopping
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute and simple, love it Brooke!

    ReplyDelete