31 January 2014

DIY Colorful Felt Garland

 I've been slowly working on sewing strands of felt circles together to fill the empty space on the top half of the big playroom wall.


All I did to make this was cut out a bunch of different sized circles from felt and sewed them together in several long chains. I didn't worry about making my circles perfect by using any kind of template. I just free handed my circles with the scissors. I have more details about making this type of garland in this post if you want more instructions. But this is the gist of it. Very easy. 




I decided to use felt in the colors found in the "For Like Ever" veil display in the living room: 




Mostly whites and grays with blue, pink, and light and dark green sprinkled in. I like when little details like that repeat in rooms to tie things together. 


This is one of those things that could be kind of forever a work in progress since there's no official "done" point- it'll just be finished when I feel like it's gotten full enough. And since felt is so cheap I bought a huge stack of it from Michaels and haven't even used half of it yet. So I'll be continuing to add strands till I feel like this wall is sufficiently filled. At the same time I have plans to simplify other walls in here because the more toys and things get added the busier it's feeling in here and I'm finding myself craving a calmer look. Still fun of course, since it's a playroom (hence things like the garland) but also less cluttered looking. I think I've come up with a good plan to gradually accomplish that. So more of that to come. 

Now can I just say hallelujah it's the weekend?! Have a great one!

3 comments:

  1. so cute for a playroom and love that you could potentially never be done with this project
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Girlie!Love where you are going with this. That wall is just crying for some C-R-A-Z-Y diagonal swags of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and you can use it for birthday parties too!

    ReplyDelete