22 January 2014

I Caved...



In yesterday's post I talked about how I was trying to resist the temptation to buy one of the white-dipped baskets I'd seen at Target recently. And apparently as adorable as my dipped planter is, it didn't cure my basket craving because when I had to run out to Target yesterday afternoon for something totally unrelated, I found myself hurrying over to the home decor section and throwing this basket into my cart before I could stop to talk myself out of it again. 

So it's here. 



I like the lighter look here better than the basket that was in this spot before- 


The lighter colors go with everything else in the room better. 

It's just a little bit big for the hearth; it fits on it but comes all the way to the edge, giving me one more reason to hate our dated-looking raised hearth. But for now at least it's staying right here. 



And I'm fighting the urge to buy ten more of these baskets. 


Before I go I want to thank Pam of Simple Details and Kirsten of 6th Street Design School for featuring  my DIY glass top dining table!  I am so honored to be featured at both these fabulous sites!! 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke and it's so nice to meet you! Oh, you're a gal after my own heart. I do these same sort of things. I love your basket and the dippedness looks beautiful in your gorgeous room. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave in to temptation easily as well especially if something isn't too pricey. I got so many unused items from Target you couldn't imagine! I love your new basket, it goes really well with the rest of your decor!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The basket is really pretty, hard to resist for sure...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I saw on instagram that you caved
    My thoughts are that if you want something that badly, you are meant to have it
    I'm right...right??!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! It goes beautifully with your decor. I do a lot of "caving" when I go to Target( not good for sticking to a budget:-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Target has a "way" of making things too irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Target makes it so hard to say no!

    ReplyDelete