23 January 2014

Slowing Down (Sort of) and Contributors Needed



I've been blogging for almost three years now, and while I definitely experience "blog burnout" on occasion, I really really love this blog and am happy that I started it. I've always loved to decorate my home, from the time I was a kid actually, so writing about doing it just feels really natural since it's what I'd be spending time doing anyway. The nice thing though (at least for the look of my house) is that things definitely get done much quicker now that I have a blog. The pressure to always have something to write about keeps my brain thinking of things I can improve and diy projects I can tackle, much more often than if I was only doing them for myself. (Which really I still am, but you know what I mean.) 

I've been thinking a lot about what I want for this blog and how I want to spend my time, and mostly what I want this thing to do is grow. The opportunities I've had so far make me exited about the potential it has and I want to keep working at it and implementing ideas I have to make this blog better. Blogging is much more time consuming though than I ever imagined when I first started out; you really have to put a lot into it in order for it to go anywhere and get seen by more than a handful of relatives. And since I've started, it feels like my life has just gotten busier and busier, making it more of a challenge to get here every day. At the same time, things with my blog have gotten busier too- the more it's grown, the more time I've had to spend running it, and I usually find myself kind of sucking at keeping up with everything. I've had to turn away opportunities that I would have loved to take on simply because there is not enough time in the day to get to every thing. 

So, when January and all the possibilities of a new year rolled around, I did a lot of thinking about what I want my focus to be on this year with my blog. And what I've decided I want to do is spend more of my time writing on my own blog and much less of it writing for others. I've loved the opportunities I've had to contribute to other sites, and I'm not stopping that entirely. Just slowing down on it so I can spend more time here and be better at keeping up with everything that goes along with a growing blog.

For the past several months I've been contributing to two different sites; at one of them once a week and at the other twice a month. But starting in March I'll be going down to doing just two contributor posts a month. Which means I'll have 4 and some months 5 less posts to do. 

And which also means the sites that I write for are going to need someone to help fill in with posts. Which is where the "contributors needed" part of the title of this post comes from. 

They are looking for one or two bloggers to contribute posts each month. It is a paid position. If you are a blogger and think you might be interested please email me at brookebundy02@gmail.com and I will get you more info. 

I'm really excited about putting more time into this blog. I really do love it and I'm so so grateful to everybody who takes the time to read it. It does get kind of overwhelming some times to keep up with so I definitely would have quit a long time ago if no one was reading! So thanks a bunch to you guys who do! xo

Oh and btw, while we're talking about contributing...ha...I'm at the blog for Chandelier Warehouse today with a post about wall sconces as accent lighting. Check it out here

No comments:

Post a Comment