10 February 2014

Got It! The Abacus Pendant From West Elm

 I've been wanting the Abacus Cord Set Pendant from West Elm to replace this light fixture that's been hanging in our kitchen's breakfast nook:



And because Rob is the greatest husband ever, he surprised me with a gift card to West Elm for my birthday this weekend, along with the added bonus of him staying home and watching the kids Saturday so I could have a shopping spree all to myself. AND the promise that he would hang/install/put together anything I came home with, that way I would be able to spend the rest of the weekend enjoying it. 

And what I came home with was this:



I am MADLY in love with this light. It is so so gorgeous and our breakfast area looks about a billion times better than it did with the old light. 



The only small disadvantage we have is that this pendant takes only one light bulb, so since we're used to the light from five different bulbs in here, going down to one makes it feel pretty dim. So just keep that in mind if you're thinking of buying this and you like blazing light. But even though it's not very bright, the light that it casts is really pretty and much more flattering than the light that came from the yellow-tinted glass shades on the old light fixture. So I am very happy.



I can't wait to get going on the rest of my plans for this room. A big one is already in the beginning stages so I should have more on it soon! 

10 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely fabulous and perfect Brooke!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is coming together so nicely Brooke! So glad you got the light you wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice! Looks much more fresh and updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hubby is so sweet! The new lighting looks lovely, great pick!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! One good point. you don't need a dimmer switch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it
    I think we had that old light fixture of yours in our old house
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looooooooooove it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Brooke, excellent choice. I noticed the more softer and 'calmer' lighting right away {in the after pic}. Isn't that amazing how light has different bases? Reminds me of a my odd photo shoot. lol Thanks for the sentiment toward the dear doggie photo bombs, ...and the literal bombs, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. They make fluorescent tubes in a circle and they go in a single socket, the one I've got in my kitchen is pretty bright and it's just one bulb. I don't know how high your bulb sits but it might just be hidden by the shade.

    ReplyDelete