04 February 2014

Light Fixture I Want for the Breakfast Nook

 Now that we're for sure going to be here another year I have decided I want to go ahead and change out the light fixture in our breakfast area for something different.  


(I didn't want to kick him out just so I could get a picture of a light.)

Nothing is wrong with it; it's just not my style so I want to switch it out with something else while we're living here. I'm actually getting really excited about this little area. If you read my post yesterday where I included a list of all of my current decorating plans, then you may have noticed a few changes I'd like to make in here. Some ideas have actually changed since then- late-night laying awake planning has taken things to a whole new level that I'm super excited to share more about! 

But in the meantime, here's the light fixture I'm like 99.99% positive I want for this room:



It's everything I want- simple and clean looking but with enough sparkle to make it GORGEOUS. It goes perfectly with the look of the other parts of the house as far as how they are decorated and it will help bring that look over to this end of the house, which is my goal over here. Oh and did I mention it's pretty cheap?? $179. And actually right now it's on sale for $143, which is making me seriously rethink what I asked for for my birthday this month. 

I am madly in love with our dining room now and I really want this area of our kitchen to have that same feel that our dining room has, just on a smaller scale. 
And I'm thinking this light is just what my breakfast nook needs to kick off it's face lift! 

7 comments:

  1. I love the light fixture you have in mind. We have a one similar to the current one you have in our dining room. I've been on the hunt for a new one too. It drives me crazy because it's not centered and throws the whole room off. I think I'm going to go switch it out for a flush mount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! A flush mount would make it less obvious that it's "off".

      Delete
  2. I'm like you Brooke, sometimes function is not all that matters, and form has to be pleasing too! Can't wait to see that new fixture in your breakfast nook. And speaking of fixtures, I too need to update mine in the breakfast nook, and waiting for the right sale for mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this light! I am wanting to put something similar in our dining area…but we don't know how long we'll be here! Ughh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that! I think you should just do it though if you find a light you love. No matter how short your time in your current house is, it wont really matter since you can just take the light fixture with you when you leave. I look at it as now I'll have one less ugly light to deal with in every house I ever live in! :)

      Delete
  4. That light fixture is so "you"! It's important to fill your home with things you love and represent you! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete