13 May 2014

A Tray at the Table



I've been feeling like the vase on the table looked a little lost and lonely on the big empty tabletop. 

Before:


So when I saw this round tray at Target on sale for $15 I knew exactly what I could do with it. 


I love trays. I could probably have one on every single surface of our house. I love how a group of items that look like clutter or random when they're all shoved together on a surface, suddenly look purposeful and neat when they're contained within a tray. 
It's been nice having the vase, bowl of fruit, and cup of the twins' utensils on the tray too since this table gets used a lot throughout the day for a lot more than eating- when it's being used for painting, coloring and playing with play dough I clear it off, so with the tray it's quick to move everything all at once instead of three individual things every time. 

I also love the little bit of color the items on the tray are giving this spot, and that the round tray mimics the shape of the light shade. I would love it if the tray was the same scale as the light fixture, but the table isn't big enough for that anyway. But I'm really liking how this looks!



4 comments:

  1. Great tray, great price, great look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trays! They make everything better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tray always helps making things grouped better! Love the way you arranged yours, practical and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Brooke, you are so smart. I am going to incorporate this on my one and only table and on my island, too. Thank you my sweet friend, for ideas, fun and prayers! ♥, Renae

    ReplyDelete