29 May 2014

The Latest and Greatest

 Sorry to be awol all week. It's been busy. And I topped it off by somehow washing my phone with my dishes last night. When I got to the bottom of a stack of plates I was rinsing I found it sitting wet and unresponsive in the bottom of the sink. All I can think is that I was holding it in my hand when I set the plates in the sink and set it down with them. Which is probably a sign that I have real attachment issues with my phone. 
Now it's sitting in a bag of rice and I'll be crossing my fingers for the next 36 hours that it dries out and is fine. Otherwise Rob will be getting me a flip phone and life as I know it will be over. 

In way better news though, I have a new project coming up that I am super excited about- this sideboard that belonged to my great grandmother and that sat in our house when I was growing up. My parents have been holding it in storage for me and my brother brought it over to me this past weekend. 






It's in pretty rough (okay disgusting) shape right now but I'm very very excited about it's potential! Stay tuned for this one!!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this piece. I def see the potential. I'm sure it will look amazing when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! Me too, I'm excited!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Patty!! That's the goal, hopefully that's how it goes!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your phone, Brooke. Hope it's not ruined. I like the sideboard, it has such pretty lines. I can't wait to see the transformation, I know you will make it fabulous again!

    P/S: By the way, don't forget to enter my current giveaway for a chance to win a $200 gift certificate from Decor Planet!
    http://www.mixandchic.com/2014/05/giveaway-200-decor-planet-gift.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a real keeper for sure, so excited to see what you'll be doing with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, I'm very excited to see how you revive this baby! Any hints you can share?

    Also, I'm laughing and shaking my head about your phone. Being a multi-tasking mommy must be the culprit!

    ReplyDelete