23 July 2014

I'm On a Couch Hunt

 This sectional's days months are numbered. 


We've had it for almost four years now- the whole time we've been renting. It's sat in 3 different living rooms. It used to look very different, as you can see from this photo: 



 but after re-covering all the seat cushions  and making new back cushions to replace the slew of pillows that it originally came with, it's looked a whole lot better and been way easier to live with while I've been waiting till we had the money for the kind of couch I really want. 

I'm really wanting something with a cleaner look, nice straight arms, and the same fabric covering the entire thing. I hate how with this sectional the base and back is all dark brown leather. It makes it look a lot busier with the two-tone going on. I want a consistent color all over. 

I really like the look of this sofa from Cookes Furniture


It has the kind of clean, streamlined look I'm wanting. Something in this style would be so great because I feel like I could pile a million throw pillows on top of it without it looking too busy. My couch now has so much going on with the super thick arms, and two different textures (leather & fabric) plus the two different colors. Getting rid of the microfiber that was like 4 different shades of brown helped a ton but now I'm really ready for a couch upgrade. So the search is on! :)


10 comments:

  1. Best of luck! Can't wait to see what you pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Search is half the FUN! Take your time and you will find just the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a tough search Brooke, although, I feel a bit sentimental since I discovered you and your blog thru your sectional makeover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're so sweet Vel! I know, I feel sentimental about this couch too since literal blood, sweat and tears went into giving it it's new look! But it's going to my sister, so that's making it easier to part with! :)

      Delete
    2. Lol, I felt the exact same way---is it weird to feel sentimental about a couch? Looking forward to seeing what you pick out next.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait! I think a new sofa will make a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I'm so excited!! :)

      Delete
  5. I like the sleek, white sofa you showed us! I can't wait to see what sofa you will be getting! I agree with Patty. Searching and hunting is part of the fun.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete