06 August 2014

Cheap & Pretty Way to Plant Succulents

 I've discovered a really inexpensive way to satisfy my urge to have pretty greenery every where without spending a lot of money. 

Walmart sells tiny succulents in their garden center for between $2.50-$4.00. I get the $2.50 size so that I'll be spending as little as possible. But lets face it, it's usually not the plant itself, but what you're going to put it in, that ends up costing the most. But that's what's great about little succulents like these- you don't have to buy an actual planter pot for them. Since they're small it's easier to get creative. I bought a little succulent for $2.50 at Walmart and then planted it in a small bowl that I found for $1.00 in the kitchen section at Target. (I'm pretty sure it's suppose to be a cereal bowl.)


Actual planters in this type of modern style are a lot more money than what this bowl cost. 


I think it would be so pretty to do this with a vintage bowl too, maybe something with a nice print. Now I want to scour thrift stores for cheap china! 

3 comments:

  1. I planted succulents for the first time this spring
    Could there be anything easier and I haven't even killed them yet!!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bowl turned planter idea, it's inexpensive and make your plants look 10 times better. Such a clever solution!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now I need to go to Walmart and Target! I still have the little plant you gave me at my baby shower - it's the only one I've been able to keep alive! Lol I'm going to get more and cute little containers to put them in!

    ReplyDelete