16 September 2014

West Elm Marble Cleat Box

 I've been admiring this box at West Elm for a while now, and I'm so excited to have had a (hopefully) great idea for it- I'm planning to use it as a recipe box. 


I've been wanting to clean out my recipe box for a while now. I don't really add to it anymore since most new recipes I come by now are online so I save them to my Pinterest board. So the recipes that I have that are actually written down are family recipes mostly, or ones I found years ago. But they are kind of a mess, and the box they are in is looking worn out. It's a photo box that I covered in vintage recipes a few years ago. 



It was really cute when I first made it but now the recipes on the outside are peeling off at the edges and the whole thing is just looking like it's lived it's life. Plus I've been wanting something smaller since the photo box takes up a lot of space. Back when I first made it it was great since I was always adding new recipes to it and it had plenty of room. But now that I rarely if ever add a recipe to my collection that's actually written down, I really don't need something this large. So I'm super excited for my new box to get here. Hopefully I can make it work; it's quite a bit smaller than what I'm used to and even too small to hold an index card which is what all my recipes are on. So I'm going to have to do something different with them all. But I'm excited for the excuse to purge! 

2 comments:

  1. Love that box from West Elm! It would be perfect for holding jewelry too.... or just little things on your desk like paper clips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that box from West Elm a few months ago and I love it! It doesn't hold anything, it is just sitting pretty on my dresser but it makes me so happy every time I look at it!

    P/S: Don't forget to stop by and check out my guest bedroom progress. It is looking so different already! :)

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete